Dec 15, 2006

Another LASIK update

Apparently Buzz missed the memo...so for all the rest of you that missed it...(all in good fun, buzz!)

Dan was in a LOT of pain immediately following the surgery, but after the first 4 hours, he felt fine (he was on Vicodin though!). This week sometime, he had significant pain in his left eye at the end of the day. It didn't go away so we called the doctor (read the last post for those details). Pain was gone the next morning. Ever since then the pain has been on and off. It changes from day to day and even from hour to hour sometimes. We go in on Tuesday for our next check-up. I'll let everyone know how that goes!

I had my first candy making experience! It was a pretty good one. I made Buckeyes and Caramels for our Christmas Party on Saturday. The Buckeyes were easy as pie. The only hiccup with those was finding the parafin wax at the store (it's in the detergent aisle!!! what the heck?!??! what about the BAKING aisle?!?). The caramels weren't hard per se, but the were time consuming. It took us and hour and 20 minutes of constant stirring to get them to the right temperature without burning! Dan was a trooper though! He insisted on doing all the stirring. So basically, after the first 10 minutes, I just sat there keeping him company! There are really good, but I do think they need to be a bit thicker...prolly a few more minutes boiling would have done it.

I'm so excited about the rest of the food at the party! I am making Artichoke-Spinach Dip (yummy in the restaurants, we'll see how it turns out!), and a cheese dip called Mediterranean Dip. I WAY excited...

pictures and updates to follow...

5 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

you're adorable. i'm glad you like doing this sort of thing. your food sounds amazing! i'll be your guinea pig anytime. let us know how the check up goes. love you!

Adminswife said...

I tried to comment yesterday, but it kept nuking my words. So, I quit. You are becoming quite the "Susie Homemaker." Love it! Praying for Dan's healing! Love you guys! Two more weeks - yeah!

Anonymous said...

"I WAY excited!" -Emily
"Me essited too, emwy!" -Betsey(in the Tweety Bird little kid voice) Haha, love your typos.

So did you ever hear Erin's tale of making buckeyes?? Funniest story EVER! Basically, her chocolate was waaaay too thick and her peanut butter mixture was waaaay too runny. So she conisdered making chocolate balls and dipping them in peanut butter. HAHAHA!!! I heart that girl.

Just reading the titles of those dips makes my mouth water and makes me hardcore want to crash that party. Not even kidding. Leftovers? Yes??

Glad Dan's doing better! Hope the here-and-there pain goes AWAY. Gross.

Love you guys!

-Betsey

Anonymous said...

Ok. So Dan's eyes hurt but the doc is ok with it. And Emily's a reallyreally good cook. All right, I think I'm all caught up. Thank you, Emily and Mom. Go team!

-Betsey

Tobin and Erin said...

how did the check-up go?????