Mar 22, 2008

Butterfly Gardens


Today Dan, Elyse, Zachary, and I went to the Fredrick Meijer Butterfly Gardens. Here is Elyse and I trying to be butterflies...aren't we beautiful?!?



Zachary being a butterfly...


This is the only picture that proves Dan was there. So here we are about to enter the Butterfly Gardens.



This was Elyse's favorite butterfly, the Morpho Butterfly. The underside of the wings are brown with eye spots, but the other side is a brilliant blue and black. Unfortunately it was very difficult for Zach to capture a picture when it briefly flapped it's wings, so no picture of the pretty colors! :(



These are Elyse's favorite flowers. She likes the brilliant red color.



This is the biggest moth I have ever seen in the whole wide world!!! It was sunning it's wings after emerging from the cocoon. However, since it is a moth, it wasn't flying around. I think I would have been very much afraid of this huge moth flying around...can you imagine????



This poor little butterfly was hurt and flopping around on the ground. This lady was trying to help it out. I think it lost an antenna though because it couldn't figure out how to move. It just flopping from laying on its "back" to its "stomach." Poor lil fella...

Thanks to Elyse for helping me with this blog!

4 comments:

Tim said...

That looks like a fun place to visit. Thanks Dan & Emily for taking Z & E. I hope they are cooperating with you two. Did you like it Dan? I figured you had the camera, that is why you only got in one picture.

Dad & I are cleaning our bedroom. I told him it would take one hour. So far, we have put in 5 hours, with a break for lunch. We are on a HUGE break now because he hurt himself moving his dresser. I guess we both are getting old and shouldn't be moving furniture any more. Dad says you all should come home and move our furniture for us - any excuse to get you here sounds like a good idea to me!

Tim said...

Sorry, I was on Dad's profile, that was me that wrote above.

Anonymous said...

You are SUCH a cool big sister! And Dan's a real trooper for hanging out with you all and the butterflies - I'm not sure if that compares to a Blues game. You guys are awesome.

Nice pictures! That morpho butterfly sounds sweet. Did you have a fav, Em? I don't blame you for being freaked out at that moth - Beautiful yes, but also horrific!! That guy in the picture with it has sweet hair, though. :)

Love you guys! Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

-Betsey

Tobin and Erin said...

Happy Easter! Hope you all had a great holiday. I'm glad you and the kids had fun! I can't wait to see you in May (twice!!). Love ya.