Sep 11, 2008

New Furniture and New Dog!

Here are a few pictures of our new furniture for our living room. Unfortunately we only seem to take pictures of our house at night. So the lighting isn't so great in the following pictures...sorry!


We got a brown leather couch and loveseat (below).

The lovely little seat below is a green accent chair. We got it from overstock.com. It was such a great deal, and the description and picture were right on. We were a little nervous to order furniture from a website without seeing and sitting in it first, but this turned out to be a great buy!

The latest addition to the family is a 2 year old dog named George! We adopted him from the Human Society about 2 weeks ago. He is a lab mix. He was not house broken when we got him, so that has been a challenge. He is crate trained now and mostly house broken. He periodically has an accident but it may be as much our fault as his. We can't figure out his signal for when he has to go. I've heard of people training their dogs to ring a bell when they have to go, but that wouldn't have helped the time when he had an accident in the basement! We really like him though. He is a very good dog. He is affectionate and very mild mannered...perfect dog for us!


Signing off for now...

7 comments:

Adminswife said...

I love the pictures. George looks good. The couch looks great with your pillows. Good job!

I like the legs in the chair picture - you need a shave!

Tim said...

Nice. I like your furniture.

Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "Cool furniture."

Zachary says: "I like the furniture. I like the picture of George. I don't think the chair matches with the couch."

Mom says: George matches with the furniture though.

Tobin and Erin said...

Yay, finally, house pictures! Wow, Em, your house is adorable! It makes me want to see the rest of the rooms, too. You are a talented decorator. The living room is beautiful! And I LOVE that accent chair. It's perfect! And the rug and the pillows...and the couches...hehe...I like it all! Seriously, way to go on the pillows.

Your dog is beautiful too! Sounds like he is getting the hang of potty-training. That will be a relief, huh? When you don't have to worry about that anymore? Are you finally able to bathe him without him getting freaked out? I know he was overwhelmed there for a while.

Love you, talk to you soon!

Tobin and Erin said...

Where are my hog roast pictures? I want to see a pig! Hmph.

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! It looks really inviting! George looks like a very sweet dog :). I'd love to meet him some day!

Tobin and Erin said...

I love you, Em...you can do it! Keep studying, and I'll stop calling you so you can concentrate. :)