Oct 5, 2009

Groceries and Menu Plan

Grocery Haul: I didn't need too many items this week, so I was under-budget which was amazing. I did go apple picking on Saturday and purchased a butternut squash and spaghetti squash. You can see those in the bowl in the center of the table.

Aldi:

Total: $13.82

Meijer:


Milk - $1.75 (Cheaper than Aldi! Unheard of!)
Yogurt - $.39 (Not the best deal ever, but the cheapest I could find)
Potatoes - $1.49 for 10 lbs.
Cottage Cheese - $1.69 (again cheaper than Aldi...so unusual!)
Dried Peppers - $1.69 each
Tuna - $.89 each
Pizza Sauce - $.99
Tomatoes - $1
Brown Sugar (not pictured) - $2.29 for 4 lbs. (cheaper than Aldi!)

total: $24.93

Butternut Squash - $1.56
Spaghetti Squash - $1.17

Grand Total: $41.48

Menu

Breakfasts
English Muffins
French Toast
Eggs and Toast
Apple Bread and Cottage Cheese
Oatmeal & fruit

Dinners/Lunches
Homemade Pizza
Texas Red Chili
Butternut Squash Soup
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti & Broccoli
Mexicali Meatloaf & Potatoes
Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese

4 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

I'm going to make your "fantastic dinner" recipes this week! Yay! I'm excited. Let me know how you like the squash recipes; those are in season now, so I'll make those too if they're good!

Love you!

PS goat cheese & feta cheese are EXPENSIVE!

Luke said...

No Dan? No thumbs up? I don't think you got a good deal.

Adminswife said...

I had forgotten about "Mexicali Meatloaf" - sounds good. We will try that one of these days.

I miss Dan in the pictures - he must have been the photographer this time.

I am thinking Aldi will be my main store - it is usually cheaper than the other two expensive stores we have around here. Milk went up to $1.99 last week. But, the stores are $2.49.

Tim said...

I will hold Adminswife to her word on the Mexicali Meat Loaf. That's one of my favorites.

Grilled cheese and tomato soup? Can I come? That's the best lunch for a chilly day ever.