Jun 1, 2006

I made it through!

The interview went very well! The superintendent and math department head interviewed me, and the current principal came in for the last 5-10 minutes. I felt like I was able to answer all their questions really well. I wasn't nervous so I didn't stutter or anything.

The unnerving part was when Bob (the math department head) told me he was going to have me teach a little. I wasn't totally taken off guard because that is a common thing to do in interviews nowadays. I had actually been formulating a partial lesson in my head on the car ride there. The part I wasn't expecting was that he told me the topic! He was VERY specific about it too! Praise the Lord! That was the same topic I was thinking of in the car! God is good! I was still slightly nervous, and I couldn't remember 4+2 or how to finish the graph of the parabola. However, they did not know I was having those struggles. I hid them well! yay me! At the end, they both said I did a very good job with no preparation. I just hope they were serious!

There are three more people interviewing for the position. They said I should hear something next week sometime. It is not a full time position, but the guys in the interview never mentioned it! The math head also said he might have me teach a psychology class! That would be exciting! It would be nice to have one class that wasn't a math one.

So, I'm VERY excited about this job opportunity. Please pray that God's will is done. If I am not right for the job, then it is fine with me that I don't get it. Although, I am WAY more excited about this one than Lansing Christian.

Bonus points for me - Uncle Jon married the principal and his wife. Everyone knows it, and they keep mentioning it. So thanks Uncle Jon! I think you are helping me get a job!

6 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

You're the greatest! I am SO proud of you! I really hope this all works out for the best...you would ROCK at this job. Hopefully the Uncle Jon thing does help; but you could get this job on your own too, you know. Love you! Let me know what wedding stuff you need done. Adios!

Adminswife said...

Woo-hoo(or whatever is the latest phrase)! You done good! See you tonight!

Lacey Rumley said...

Cool! We will be praying for you to get it...

Anonymous said...

You can get a good reference form your high school principal if you need it.

Lacey Rumley said...

YAY, Emily! We're so proud of you! And we'd LOVE for you and Dan to stay in Grand Rapids. Luke already said it, but we'll be praying!

-Lacey

Adminswife said...

Heard anything from Northpointe? Should hear pretty soon if not already. It will be good to have all my kids home this weekend. Crowded, but fun!

Nothing happening here - just tying up loose ends.

Love you!