Jun 14, 2006

long night

so my future father-in-law was listening to my car last weekend and informed me that my water pump was bad. so dan and i had him buy the part and i went down last night to have him put it on. i got off work early and was there by 5:30. i pulled into the driveway and shut the car off. mike came right out and asked me to bring the car forward so i jump back in the car and turn the key...and the joyful sound that meets my ears startled me a bit. the car was whining or high pitched wirring, something like that. it wouldn't start, let's put it that way. so off comes the started, drive the the parts store, put the starter on (not as easy as one might think), take the water pump off, put the new water pump on, and wha-la! we're done, and it only took 6 hours! yes-sir-ee-bob it only took until 11:30pm to finish! and to top it off i had to drive home (1 hour) then get up at 6 for an interview at northpointe. i'm a lil tired today.

good news - northpointe loves me!!! the commitee i met with todya is recommending me to the board for hire. after the board approves it, they will give me an official job offer, but i have been unofficially told i have the job. bad news - it's not a full time position. it's only 5/7 of a job. pay rate is $24,000 for full time first year teachers. and if you multiply those two numbers together (i can do that see, cuz i'm a math teacher) you get a whopping $17,142! so dan and i are trying to decide what we should do with our lives.

prayer requests -
1. should i take the northpointe job
2. dan needs an assisstant manager position to open soon

4 comments:

Adminswife said...

Praying! Love you! See you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Transition times are always nerve wracking, but it will all come together (see Romans 8:28-29).

PCS pay would be $3142 less than that (assuming PCS full time and Northpointe part time). Think NWI, maybe Enterprise needs an assitant manager here.

Lacey Rumley said...

Take it! You gotta start somewhere. Things can change when you have worked for a while and proven yourself.

Maybe you can help on the maintenance team the rest of the day. : - )

Can you counter-offer? Ask for more?

--
Luke (for all the best non-Biblical advice money can buy)

P.S. You may not want to post your salary online. Maybe that is just me. I realize that helps us make our decision, but it makes me nervous for some reason...

Tobin and Erin said...

i heart emwy!! and that is my official advice. sorry kid i dunno, but whatever you decide God wil take care of you! you are amazing as i have repeatedly said. love ya!