Jun 8, 2011

Dining Room Table Project - Sanding #2

I hope this is not yet another step I could have skipped. Maybe I should have read the back of the primer or paint can again.

Anyways, I lightly sanded all of the primed surfaces with a fine grit sanding block. I purchased both fine grit (220) sandpaper and the sanding block. The block was by far the easier one to use.


It took me about 45 minutes to sand everything. The primer sanded off quite easily. I hope I didn't hurt anything, but I noticed that I was sanding all of the primer off on the corners. Oops. We'll just hope the paint covers that right up.




Second round of sanding is complete!


What do you mean you can't tell the difference?

7 comments:

Erin Bolton said...

Yep, there's a difference! You are one crafty little lady. How do you even have time for this stuff with a full time job? Guess that's what weekends are for :).

Emily said...

Let the record show that because I am spending time on this project NOTHING else is getting done in my life. :) The bathroom drain needs to be uplugged in a bad way...another day!

Erin Bolton said...

HA!

Erin Bolton said...

How's Dan feel about being garage-less? I would be feelin' the pressure from the Tobester to be done and outta his garage!

Emily said...

He hasn't complain yet. Since the weather is nice, we don't have to worry about snow and scraping the cars in the morning. He is getting to the mower and such just fine.

Erin Bolton said...

Bet he wishes the mower was a little less accessible...

Emily said...

Oh he does! :)