Jun 3, 2011

I am woman, hear me roar.

"If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself."


When our realtor mentioned re-staging the office as a family room, her suggestion was to move our loveseat from the living room into the now family room. That way the room looks like it has a purpose and it's cheaper than buying a new couch.

We decided to buy a new couch anyway, but (I) thought moving the loveseat into the family room was a good temporary fix until the new couch arrived.

I was met with resistance. It's too heavy. It won't fit through the doorway. The leather will get scratch. Etc.

Fine. I will do it myself. So I did.





Pardon the blurry pics, I haven't mastered how to take a good picture yet. Here is what I managed to do all by my loansome.

1) Remove area rug from under coach. (The hardest part of this whole process!)
2) Turn loveseat over and remove legs.
3) Drag loveseat through hallway on rug so as not to "scratch the leather."
4) Take through doorway on it's end, not even coming close to getting stuck.
5) Reattach legs and position in room.
6) Put area rug back under couch in living room. (The second hardest part of this process.)

Oh the power of physics/math/whatever you call it:

levers + less friction materials = you can move anything

4 comments:

Karen said...

Lol! Love it!

Adminswife said...

You go, girl!

I do most of the furniture moving myself. Dad helped with our bedroom this last time - that made the job so much easier.

Dan-O better watch out - a woman on a mission is not to be tangled with, ever!

Anonymous said...

A woman on a mission is one thing. EMILY on a mission is another thing entirely! You definitely get things done when you set your mind to it, girly.

Speaking of which, are there pics of the finished table/chair project? And did you end up having the open house today?

Love you!
Buzz

Erin Bolton said...

You ARE woman! Wow, good furniture movin', lady. Your technique is flawless.