Jul 25, 2011

Patio Furniture

I'm so getting the DIY/ decorating bug! 

In the midst of the massive dining room table project (which is finally finished!), I found a lovely patio set on Craigslist for a good price. While still fully functional, I thought I'd jazz it up with a fresh coat of paint.

Before:


 

I used Rustoleum which adheres to anything and stops rust. The rust wasn't bad on the table and chairs, but the umbrella stand was another story.

I did my best to brush off the rust, but I didn't do so hot on the umbrella stand. I decided to paint over it anyway. Why not put the paint to the test to see if it really does stop rust?? It doesn't look perfect, but it will be hidden under the table.

Look at the side-by-side comparison of the chairs. Isn't it amazing? The color of spray paint is oil rubbed bronze, and I love it!


Here are some finished shots...



Patio before and after:

Of course, we like to torture George. He's such a good boy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you paint the decorative flowers on the backs of the chairs a different color? It looks like it in the photo, and it looks AWESOME! You did a great job on this furniture redo.

love,
Buzz

Emily said...

No, that's just the glare from the flash. The entire set was paintede oil rubbed bronze.

Erin Bolton said...

I looooooove the paint job! It looks like a off-the-shelf brand new set. Nice! The color is great. Hope you love your new outdoor living space!

PS If you decide to make pillows out of outdoor fabric or something, let me know. That will give me the motivation to finish my indoor pillows! Plus I can get handy tips from you. I'm scared!

Lacey said...

Em, I L-O-V-E the oil rubbed bronze! Great choice! I've never used the Rustoleum paint before, but you make it look easy! The set looks beautiful!

Adminswife said...

GREAT JOB!!!!! Dad used the Rustoleum paint on our Christmas tree stand - no more rust. Works great! Your D-I-Y projects are putting the rest of us to shame. Of course, I don't have a house to do D-I-Y projects. Maybe in another lifetime.

Tim said...

Nice work, and thanks for keeping the Vernon Hills economy humming (Rustoleum's headquarters is right around the corner from us).

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Very classy! If you run out of projects at your place, I know somewhere else you could come:)
I have such talented relatives.
Aunt Nona