May 12, 2011

The couch has arrived!

As I mentioned in this post, Dan and I ordered a sectional for our re-staged family room/office. It came in surprisingly quick, just under 4 weeks. Here she is!




We love her! She is super comfortable, and fits into the room nicely. We had to hunt and hunt for a sectional small enough for the room. The room is pretty narrow, around 11 feet. 

The ottoman/bench is probably going back to the store it doesn't fit too well in the room. I do want to have a coffee table, but I'm not sure what will look best in the room. Our subdivision garage sale is tomorrow and Saturday so I'm going to see if I can find something there.

The pictures need some work too, but I might get a divorce if I ask for those lovely shelves to be moved. :) Apparently they are no fun to hang...wouldn't know, I didn't do it!

We had a showing yesterday, and the couple was at our house for a long time. The showing was from 6-7, and I came home at 7:02 with their cars still in the driveway. I hung out at our neighbor's house until they left around 7:20. The prospective buyers stood out in the driveway chatting for a while. It was such a beautiful night last night, and our neighborhood was so alive, kids and parents out all over. I hope that entices these buyers!

Side note: Isn't George beautiful? What a dog!

3 comments:

Erin Bolton said...

Nice couch, Em! I think you found the perfect combination of comfy sectional yet pretty couch! And I love your coffee table, although I can understand the not fitting thing. We are in the market for a coffee table that won't leave permanent scars on our baby's face. This glass beast just isn't gonna cut it.

I also think your dog is just beautiful!

Adminswife said...

I won't lie...the last picture cracked me up. I love the new couch. I can't wait to see it in person. Problem is, you will probably sell before we get there again. Thanks for updating us! Great job on your test today.

Erin Bolton said...

I totally commented on this post. Boo. Apparently blogger was messed up the past couple days and deleted my comment! Well, I remember saying that I LOVE your couch! It's the perfect combination of comfy sectional yet pretty furniture. And I also remember commenting on the coffee table. Tobin & I are looking for a coffee table that Bristol won't get beat up on, and I think we might buy one kinda like yours! The stuffed table would really help reduce the amount of scars from her childhood.

And of course, George is beautiful! He really is a good looking dog.