Feb 19, 2006

Job Search

I've official started looking for a teaching job. I've been looking at all the sites that Cornerstone gave me to look at, but with little luck. I've found one inner city school in Benton Harbor looking for a math teacher, but I'm not so sure I want to go there. I looked at their school stats and it didn't look good. The school as a whole was below 40% in standardized test results, lower than 30% in math proficiency, and the average ACT score was a 16.6!!! yikes! not so sure i want to go there...but we'll see.

I started looking at ACSI's website, and after about 10 minutes of trying to figure out how to search without paying $75, i found LOTS of Christian schools in need of math teachers. The ones i'm kind of interested in right now are Lansing Christian and Westminster Christian Academy in St. Louis, MO. Oh another possibility, but i'm sure i'd be working for basically free, is Grace Baptist in Kankakee, IL! Wouldn't that be great if I went to work for our rivals!!! yeah, that wouldn't be too nice. so i've basically ruled that one out.

I feel bad for feeling like this, but I almost don't want to teach at a Christian school right away because I won't make any money. Now, I don't know that for sure, but I want to pay off my school loans asap. so we'll see....that's how things look right now. pray for me while i make important, life-changing decisions!

4 comments:

Lacey Rumley said...

OK. : - )

--
Luke

Tobin and Erin said...

Wow, big stuff. I'll add that to my prayer list! You're amazing...try for the best! Don't settle.

Adminswife said...

Don't rule out a school because of money - remember we went to GARY of all places for NO money. Look how we turned out. On second thought - go for the money!

Anonymous said...

You DO have school loans to pay off, it isn't like you're telling God, "You don't pay enough to have me." On the other hand, most Christian schools pay more than PCS and you would make a great mentor and teacher for Christian kids, so I would encourage yout to talk to the schools where the job interests you. Let the facts tell you whether or note you can take the position.