Feb 8, 2006

Observation #2

well, i did it. my second observation went great! he loved everything i did! he had a few things to suggest to improve my teaching (like making them take notes or write certain things down), but nothing major. he is WAY more positive than my cooperating teacher which is a nice change. i like being told what i am doing well. who doesn't???


I taught the lesson MUCH better the second time. I didn't realize that my students had hardly ever factored before. I assumed they knew way too much the first time I went through it. Come to find out, they have only factored easy equations 3 years ago. Thanks for telling me after the fact! So the second class, hopefully, has a much better grasp of what is going on. Although I'm not sure the better lecture is worth it. The first class always gets more information and harder information, but this last test they did far superior to 6th hour. So maybe too hard isn't such a bad thing!


k, need to go get ready for tomorrow and go to work!

4 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

you're the coolest!

Anonymous said...

Is your computer still goofed up? It shows all your entries twice. Is that because you want US to get it the second time? Glad things went well - we prayed!

Tobin and Erin said...

my favorite is the double-posting.

Emily said...

it's because of my intermitent (sp) internet connection. it just sits and thinks forever so i don't know if it really published or not. same with the emails...sorry i'm getting used to it.