Aug 7, 2009

Menu for 8/7/2009

I forgot to attach our menu for the next two weeks:

Breakfasts:
French Toast
Eggs & Toast
English Muffins
Cereal

Lunch:
Leftovers

Dinners:
Grilled Sausage, Potatoes, and Corn on the Cob
BBQ Chicken, Rice, and Corn on the Cob
Chicken Divan
Black Bean Chilaquiles
Pasta Primavera with Sausage
Meatloaf & Rice
Stroganof over Rice

Note:
We will also be bring two items to two different picnics: baked beans and hot dog buns. The ingredients to make these items is included in the loot purchased for the next two weeks.

Edit:
I also bought whole wheat flour because I'm making my own bread and English muffins for the next two weeks. I'll post on how that goes! :)

5 comments:

Adminswife said...

As always, you are amazing! Some day you and Lacey will have to teach me how. I can't wait for frugonomics to start up. I guess Base Camp took priority. I don't know why? See you today!

Tobin and Erin said...

Thanks for posting! It's good to hear from you guys. Milk for ONE DOLLAR!!!?? And you only bought ONE gallon, silly girl! I think we'd have gone for 3. Hehe. We like our milk. And our cereal.

Do you have any hints or suggestions for the black bean chilaquiles? I've been intimidated to make those because there are so many ingredients; do you cut it down at all or is the recipe exactly how you make it?

Oh, and you said the ingredients include hot dog buns & baked beans...so you are MAKING your own hot dog buns??? If so, let me know how that goes! That's COOL!

Also...I see all the savings, and that's wonderful...but all your recipes include meat, and there is no meat in your pictures. So, did you already have meat? Or are you planning on slaughtering your own chickens and cows? (and pigs) I think I could save a lot of $$ too if we were vegetarians, but we're not. And when you DO need to buy meat, how do you not go over budget? So confused.

Thanks, Emily! Love you and miss you. We should hang out some time. Haha.

Tobin and Erin said...

One more question: you listed 7 dinners for a 2 week meal plan. So, are you planning to make each meal twice? Or is that including eating out?

Tobin and Erin said...

Whoa! Go Dan! Best of luck on your 10k, you two crazies!

Aah! My verification word is abili...they know your NAME, Em!

Anonymous said...

You guys must be REAL tired of eating this stuff by now. The menu hasn't changed since the beginning of August. yikes. Time to shake things up!

;)

love,
Betsey