Sep 17, 2009

Groceries 9/15/09

I decided to get rid of some of the spaghetti from Betsey's wedding. So I pulled out a pan of that last week. It lasted us a whole week, Monday through Saturday night, 2 meals a day. Yeah, I'm a little tired of spaghetti. But that allowed me to save up some moolah for the next shopping trip. Woohoo!

Here is my most exciting purchase: yeast! My aunt told me that you can buy yeast at Gordon Food Service much cheaper than at the regular grocery store. I was so shocked at the price. For $2.99 you can get 16 oz. of yeast at Gordon's. For $3.69, you can get 4 oz. of yeast at Meijer. Holy Cow!!! What savings!!!

Note: I am using yeast on a regular basis as I no longer buy bread or English muffins from the store.


Aldi:

OJ is reduced to $.99 from $1.25
Pineapple $2.59 (not sure if this is a good deal. I just wanted some fresh pineapple!)

Meijer:

Dannon yogurt $.40 each
Fiber One yogurt $1.19
Campbell's soup $.20 each (that's right!) - use the $.40/4 manufacturer and $1.00/4 MeijerMealbox (Woot! Woot!)


Menu:

Breakfasts
English Muffins and Cottage Cheese
Blueberry Pancakes
French Toast
Eggs and Toast

Dinners
Homemade Pizza
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Chicken Pot Pie
Velveeta Cheeseburger Mac (homemade so slightly better than hamburger helper!)
Turkey and Wild Mushroom Meatload & Herbed Smashed Potatoes
Chicken Divan
Kal-bee & Rice (Korean marinated ribs)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em, you will probably never see this comment since the post is about 8 days old, but I think it's cool that you got the Gordon's yeast. I keep mine in the frig. I have a big freezer downstairs too, so I bought a 25# bag of bread flour and put it in ziplocks in the freezer. You wouldn't have to do that, especially if you are making bread all the time. Buying the big bag of flour should save you some money too.Wow, I guess I should start baking bread again! This is about the time of year I get the baking bug.Keep up the good work!!!
MCAunt

Emily said...

I did see your comment eventually! I'm not so good at posting or checking back on my posts.

I have considered buying flour in bulk. I need to get a larger freezer before i do that though. Thanks for the tip!

Luke said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that Dan is in your grocery pictures. Ha! Classic...