Jul 10, 2010

Dominican Republic 2010

Dan and I took a vacation with our friends, J and Andrea, down to the Dominican Republic this June. Before leaving, the weather reports were calling for rain every day so we were a tad concerned that the weather might be a big downer. It was SUPER humid all week, but it only rained twice for less than a half hour each time.

The resort has a lot of free outdoor activities that I've never seen at a resort before. I hear now that these are quite common, but they were new to us! There was kayaking, mini golf, basketball, tennis, shuffle board, chess, badminton, and volleyball. We attempted to play a round of mini golf, but the mosquitoes were to bad that we didn't even finish one hole. Andrea had 30 bites from that 5 minute excursion! Yikes!

Crabs

We only got pictures of the little guys. We were hoping to find some big ones. The locals said that after a hard rain, the big mommas come out. I guess our hardest rain wasn't enough to lure them from their hiding spots.

  Here's one in the hallway by our room.

This little guy was trying to hide, but we got him!

Me and You and You and Me

Day 1: Do we look white?


We look happy, but really I was freaking out thinking I'd fall. :)


 Us going to dinner on Thursday night. We got all gussied up that night.

The Beach


Doing what we did best: J, Andrea, and me = sleeping, Dan = being bored


That's the rest of them in the water. Those are my beautifully pedicured toes. I love vacation!

Flamingos


There was shallow pool for these cute guys. The stink though!


Aren't they cute? It's like a heart!

Friends


Waiting for a show to start...


Breakfast, Monday morning - the shine is from sunscreen...we practically bathed in the stuff!


Dan and J, same day...

So that is our vacation in a nutshell. I should have taken pictures of our 6 hour lay over + 3 hour delayed flight in Miami. I KNOW those would have been exciting photos!

Vacation is fun, but we are glad to be back state-side.

3 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

Yay vacation! I was hoping you would post some pictures of this. You look beautiful in the photos. How are the braces doing? How much longer now?

Was this one of those all inclusive, all you can eat places? Cuz that sounds dreamy.

I read your second hallucination post...it made me laugh, but also made me kinda nostalgic. I wonder if any of the written "prayers" or pictures were actually for real? Not on the walls, but you know someone in the hospital's always being prayed for.

Miss you! I get to see you in ~14 days!

Adminswife said...

I guess you could say that Dan was "dressed up." That is what he wears to church, so I guess it IS dressed up for him.

Thanks for the pictures, looks like you all had a great time. We were praying for you during your trip. I am glad you didn't set off the alarms at the airport.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I am so glad you got to get away and enjoy some sunshine. All work and no play is no good, for sure.

I don't remember where you guys said George hung out while you were gone, but in case I haven't told you, George is welcome to come to our place ANY TIME you need a dog-sitter. Zelda's social skills could use a little work, and we love George! He would be a welcome addition any time you guys want/need.

Thanks for posting pictures!

love,
Betsey