Jul 22, 2010

Next Step: In-Patient Therapy


My healing is progressing nicely. I continue to have speech, occupational, and physical therapy twice a day. Dr. F. says I can leave the hospital. Yay! I’m not walking yet, and have no movement in my toes, arms, or hand, so they recommend in-patient therapy either at Mary Free Bed or Spectrum Continuing Care. We’ve heard great things about MFB, so we choose to go there.

I’m no longer in need of the ICU facilities so they put my name in for a regular room. The hospital is full though so I have to wait it out in the ICU. Darn!

The hospital gets us all set up to go to MFB. They request a private room for me (Praise the Lord!), but MFB is very full too, so we don’t know if I’ll get one.

All the plans are set. I’m going to MFB on December 11. I had been admitted to the hospital on November 14, 28 days prior.

No comments: