Aug 8, 2011

Front Door Reveal

So remember my "during the day fix." I was pretty adamant it would be fixed by nightfall wouldn't you say?

I was so wrong.

Here's a glimpse at our front and garage doors. I felt like I was camping in my own house.



The noise from the outdoors was quite loud, and the fear of racoons invading our house was very real.

Note the boots beside the ottoman/coffee table. Remind anyone of our barricades against the tent door during family vacations? Ah, the memories... One time, I even tied the zipper pulls to side doors of the tent door together with an elastic hair tie. To keep the critters out, ya know?

Better safe than sorry, right?

On to the important stuff...the big reveal!

Here she is in all her glory!

Front Door:



Garage Door:

I used Behr Exterior Paint and Primer-in-one in Satin finish in Dragonfly tinted 50% darker. I really love the color. It so close to this picture, I could squeeze it!
To say I love, love, love it would be an understatement. Dan isn't sure it matches, but he said he's happy if I like it. I love that man!

Now for some before and afters. Bear with me, I do not have Photoshop nor do I know how to edit pictures. This is the best I could do in 5 minutes in Paint. :) I try to put my best foot forward here on this blog.



Doesn't it look great?

Garage Door:



Um...Yes...Love. Love. Love it!

Not all is as good as it seems, but that's another post for another day. Goodnight, all!

10 comments:

Tim said...

I like them!

It was important to tie the zipper shut on that tent back in the day, since so many woodland creatures are adept at opening zippers.

Adminswife said...

It looks GREAT!

Funny story: Dad saw your update first and told me to look at it. When I opened it, I got your new set up. Dad still had the old set up on his computer. When he refreshed your blog on his computer, he got the new look. We caught you mid-change.

Both the doors/handles AND the blog look amazing. I like the AVM story too. I copied all that when you wrote it and kept it in my dropbox.

You are still amazing!

Adminswife said...

We were wondering what the "not as good as it seems" meant. Did something or someone come into the house when you least expected it?

Lacey said...

I LOVE IT. I admit, I am too scared to try my hand at painting things (important things, like doors and hardware)...You're amazing! It's beautiful!!!

Emily said...

Um, racoons are crafty creatures. I stand by the fear that they couldd open zippers if they wanted to. Come on, Buz and Erin, back me up!

Anonymous said...

Raccoons ARE crafty! Although I am not sure that your safety procedures (i.e. one thin sheet) would have been sufficient to impede the beasts. You needed more hair ties. ;) I am glad you all made it through the night!

Your doors are LOVELY! You have every right to be proud of them. I can't get over how different the hardware looks now! You guys did a great job.

love,
Buzz

Erin Bolton said...

First of all, love the blog facelift. Wonderful! Second of all, the doors look AWESOME! What an improvement...even for selling the house, since the front door is the first thing people see going into your house. The hardware paint job is my super duper favorite. It looks fantastic! I'm totally impressed and I love it. Great job!

Erin Bolton said...

Pretty sure a raccoon could get into a zipped up tent. Yes. With or without hair ties or boot barricades, lol. Sleeping out in the woods with a thin synthetic sheet between me and the critters is NOT my idea of a good time!

Adminswife said...

Do you think the paint wore off because you didn't give it the three days, or do you think it really is because it was too tight after adding the thickness of the paint? Just wondering...

Emily said...

I think it wore off because it wasn't dry yet. Everything seems to be holding up well now. The deadbolt would have scraped either way.