Apr 11, 2011

Crazy Connections

Last night, I got a friend request on Facebook with the following messsage attached:

Emily, I just finished reading your story in today's paper and I am also a believer and a survivor of the removal of an AVM in the brain. I live in Hudsonville and go to church at Calvary in G.R.
How crazy is that?? I happened to be online when she sent it so we ended up chatting for a while on Facebook. She had her AVM removed in 1986 when she was about my age. Our stories are very similar: newly married, no kids, have a dog, etc.

Dan and I will be getting together with her soon, I hope, to swap stories. She is quite excited to encourage me with her story, and I hope I can do the same for her. She now has two kids which wouldn't have been possible if her AVM hadn't been removed.

Isn't it crazy how God works?

3 comments:

Tim said...

Cool. You may end up with a number of contacts like this with all the pub you're getting.

Erin Bolton said...

Oh awesome, Em! It's good to hear about an AVM survivor with kids, huh?

Anonymous said...

"happened to be" online at the same time. ;) Wow. You have prayed for opportunities, and boy is God handing them to you! Thanks for continuing to share these stories so we can continue to praise God with you.

love,
Buzz