Apr 10, 2011

Re-Staging/Re-Decorating Part 4

I sunk the most effort into our master bedroom. It truly needed the most work. I had done NOTHING to this room since the day we moved in two and a half years ago. There are nail holes and old picture frame hooks in the walls to prove it!

As you will see in the pictures below, the walls are warm beige-y/brown which is the same as our furniture which is the same as our duvet which is the same as the carpet which is the same as the trim. There's not a whole lot of variety if you get my drift.

I tried to make big changes without buying too much or doing too much work (i.e. painting). Hence, the wall color stays. I'd love to change it, but that is another project for another day.

Master Bedroom Before


Master Bedroom After 
 




So there you have it. I love it. I think it is a huge improvement. Here is the rundown of the things I changed/bought.

1. Blue flower duvet - $39.99 from Ikea
2. Shear curtains - $9.99 from Ikea
3. Tan linen curtains - $24.99
4. Double curtain rod - $49.99 from Lowes
5. Teal ruffle pillow - $19.99 from Kohl's
6. Paper for pictures and new glass for one frame - $7 from Hobby Lobby

Grand Total - $151.95 plus tax 

Well worth it if you ask me! If we do sell the house, I'll be able to take all but the curtains and rods with me. I might even be able to take the curtains if the new buyers don't want them. 

5 comments:

Erin Bolton said...

I love it! New curtains always make a statement. The pictures over the bed are super cute too! Great job.

Anonymous said...

VERY nice, Em! The new bed covering really brightens up the room. I hope all your hard work pays off with a sale! Your home is beautiful.

FYI - I am considering not working this summer, which would free up my time considerably if you wanted an extra hand with some of these painting/staining projects!

love you,
Buzz

Tim said...

Nice work all the way around, Em (regarding all three posts).

You really woke up the master BR for a small investment.

Unless my employment situation changes, I could do some painting for you this summer (after June 10), if you need it done.

Emily said...

Sweet! Thanks for the offer, Dad! I'll let you know if we go through with it!

Adminswife said...

I don't want to paint, but I can cook for the workers. Or run errands. Or just sit and look pretty (that would be the hardest job of all)!

Love all the work you did. It is an amazing difference. Now you know why I had to put color in this house (beige carpet, beige walls, beige trim, beige shades and beige ceilings yuck, I don't even like beige).