Apr 9, 2011

Re-Staging/Re-Decorating Part 3

The next rooms to tackle were our guest bedrooms. We have a twin bed in the smaller one, and a queen in the larger one. The issue at hand is we need to fit a desk somewhere so that I can keep our house in order and pay bills every once in a while. 

Solution: After much debate, it was decided to dismantle the large L-shaped desk from the office/family room and store half in the basement and half upstairs in the small of the two guest rooms. This solution is functional in the short term. My biggest complaint is that the filing cabinet is in the basement. :( So if I'm paying bills and want to file all of my papers afterward, I have to walk down two flights to get to the filing cabinet. I foresee a messy desk in my future...

Small Guest Bedroom Before


I'm not so good at this whole camera thing...pardon the SUPER dark picture. 

Small Guest Bedroom After
 


Large Guest Bedroom After

I did not think to take a before picture of this room because I didn't intend to change anything in it. What we did do was switch out the light fixture, and we put our old duvet cover on the bed. This room is pretty hodge-podge, but it's the best we can do!
 

Up next, the biggest changed room yet: the master bedroom!

3 comments:

Luke said...

Sorry, haven't read in a while, but love the small tweaks to the decor! Except the office. I would kill for a dedicated office. :)

Adminswife said...

I have the same problem with my bill paying job. The computer is on the main floor, the bills are in my purse (kitchen) and the file cabinets are in the basement. Such disorganization drives me crazy!

Good job on the rearranging! My house is next - p-l-e-a-s-e!!!!!

Erin Bolton said...

Good job, Em! I'm on pins and needles waiting for the master bedroom photos. You're amazing!