Apr 8, 2011

Re-Staging/Re-Decorating Part 2


I think our dining room looks decent how it is, not spectacular but tolerable nonetheless. I wanted to brighten it up for spring. We also shrunk our table to as small as it can go to make the room look bigger (Sorry, no pictures of that change!).

Dining Room Before



**Please take note of all the junk on the counters. We had just returned from a trip to Chicago where we apprehended most of the items I'm showing you. Keepin' it real!**


Dining Room After





Isn't that flower fun? It was $0.99 at Michaels, and the vase was $5.99 at Ikea. The table cloth and napkins are from Marshall's. 

I'm reading all kinds of DIY (do-it-yourself) type blogs, and I'm so inspired to re-do/update my house. I hope to re-do the table and chairs once the weather warms up and my actuary exam is over. I'll post pictures if it isn't a disaster! 

5 comments:

Adminswife said...

Good job, E & D! You didn't show pictures of the living room minus the loveseat. I guess you need a piano now to fill in that wall (tee-hee). Me likey!

Adminswife said...

Elyse says: "I really, really like that table. Do you mind sometime coming over and re-decorating my room? I remember you painted it once."

Erin Bolton said...

You're going to DIY the table/chairs??? I can't WAIT to hear about that! What are you going to do? Re-stain/paint? Upholstery? Fabric covers? I'm soooooo curious. And I LOVE your redecorated dining room. The dark fabric and crisp white vase are so sophisticated! It looks beautiful.

Emily said...

I'm going to do a two-tone look. The top of the table and seats of the chairs will be stained then I'm going to pain the rest either antique white or a sage-y green with some glazing to (hopefully) make them look super sweet!

Erin Bolton said...

Aweeeesome! That will be neat to see.