May 22, 2010

Hallucinations


Since these are obviously not reality, I cannot give a time order to you. I will just list them one by one. Put them occurring at any day/time that you chose. You’re guess is as good as mine!

** NONE of the events are real! Although you might guess that! **

  1. Sleeping at “night” in the hospital: I am sleeping in my bed or trying to. I wake up a lot. My parents, Zach, Elyse, and Dan are all sleeping in the room together. I know I’m in the hospital, but this is more like a hotel. There is a room where Dan and I are sleeping then a room behind ours where my parents, Zach, and Elyse are sleeping on mattresses on the floor. One of the mattreses has a burgundy bottom sheet. During the night I try to amuse myself by looking around the room. One of the lights in the room has cover on it with the logo of the Kansas City Chiefs. I decide that the owner of the hospital must own the Chiefs and that is why their logo is on the lamp covers.
  2. During the nights at the hospital, Dan is sleeping in a chair next to me. I know he is uncomfortable. I notice that there is a crib-like portable bed next to me. Why doesn’t Dan just sleep in that? I try to motion to him to get in and lay down, but I just can’t manage to communicate what is going on.
  3. At night, the bugs come out. Seriously. They do. There were ants all over my bed. Flying bugs in the air, and they only came out at night. The flying bugs mostly stay in swarms in the corners of the room, but every once in a while the come fly around my head. I am not afraid enough to move in my bed, but I decide right then and there that when I walk out of this hospital, I am writing a nasty letter tell them of this health hazard. Really, they ought to clean these beds!

To be continued…

3 comments:

Adminswife said...

How funny! I wish I knew at the time what was going on inside your head (besides the surgery). I tried to remove your hallucinations, but just couldn't succeed. The part about the rooms next to each other is a scream. I bet you felt like screaming several times. Love you!

Tobin and Erin said...

Verrrry frustrating, people not understanding what you're trying to tell them! You obviously cared a lot about your fam, imagining them in the room next door.

Is Dan a Chiefs fan? Why would you imagine a Chiefs logo? I don't even know what that looks like!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, bugs are SCARY! Can't believe you weren't more freaked out.

Anonymous said...

WHOA. I am glad you and Dan had so much practice with hallucinations before this. You guys are pros now!

Yeah, the bug thing is WAY creepy. Not sure how you handled that. And the Chiefs??? I am with Erin on that - whaaaat? I don't even know what sport that would be. Logic would say you should've been seeing the Blues' logo on the lights. Hope Dan isn't too disappointed about this. ;)

Thanks for continuing to post your stories! It is fascinating hearing these events from your side.

Praying for you,
Betsey