Apr 25, 2010

Just a Headache: Friday, November 13


I wake up Friday morning at the alarm. Whew, I feel fine. My head doesn’t hurt.

Then I stand up.

Pounding, throbbing pain in my head and neck. It gets better after a few minutes of standing though. Ok, no big deal, get ready for work.

While getting ready, I notice that each time I bend my neck forward or side to side I get the throbbing pain again. If I leave it in normal position though, no pain. I wake up Dan to tell him I still have the headache. We decide that if I still have it on Monday, I’ll go to the doctor. Today is a big day, I have a 4 hour meeting at work then Dan and I were going to a hockey game that night. Can’t mess up the plans to go to the doctor!

Seriously, it’s just a headache.

Going through the day, I have this sinking feeling that it’s more than just a headache. Walking down the stairs sends shooting pains all the way down my spine. Not shooting enough to make me want to stop and do something about it though.

We go to the hockey game after work. Still have the headache. I’m not even taking meds because they don’t seem to help. The noise of the hockey game is making the headache worse. We eat dinner and stick it out for a while, then decide to call it a night. I think we left after the second period. I don’t know. I wasn’t really paying attention.

We walked to our car that we’d parked on the street downtown. Dan opens my door for me. That’s the last thing I remember…

4 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

Oh wow. You don't even remember Friday night/Sat morning?

Can't wait to read the rest from your perspective. You are fantastic at this writing thing!

Luke said...

Ditto.

Adminswife said...

Awwww, love you Em!

Tim said...

I'm in suspense even though I know how it turns out.