Apr 23, 2010

My Side of the Story…


As the months pass from my AVM surgery, I find I am forgetting more and more of what happened. Not the big things, but lots of the little details. When I was in rehab, one of my assignments each night was to write to get my brain back in gear. My therapists recommended I journal about what I’d gone through in the last few weeks. Or write about anything else, just write. Get that brain working again!

I started out strong journaling, but let’s all be honest here, I’m not much of a journaler (or a blogger!). I made it up to Thanksgiving day, about 12 days into the ordeal. (Not long, I was in the hospital for 39 days.) Fast forward to being release and back home, I have very much appreciated Luke and Lacey’s dedication to posting Dan’s updates about me throughout the hospitalization. I don’t want to forget what I went through. Not in a masochistic or poor-me-victim-like way, but so that I can share my story with others. I look back over the ordeal and I see God’s hand at work in a mighty way. He spared me for a reason, and I don’t want to neglect remembering what he has done for me.

So I’m calling this “My Side of the Story…” because this may not be factually true. Once I was on heavy pain-relieving, coma-inducing meds, all kinds of crazy things seemed like reality. I forgot people I knew, saw Narnia-like creatures, found out I could fly (no, really! I could!), and so much more! J I will do my best to point out those times I know I’m straying from reality (they might be obvious!), but hey, I still might not know them all!

So here goes…

3 comments:

Tim said...

Cool. I will be looking forward to reading this. Be sure to go into detail about the Narnia creatures.

Adminswife said...

I am so glad you are doing this. It will be much easier to read about it than it was to watch it. You are still amazing!

Tobin and Erin said...

Love you, Em! I'll admit, I was pretty excited when I saw you had an update. Course, I haven't been much for updating recently either. Soon, soon.