Apr 26, 2010

Saturday Morning, November 14, 2009


Note: This has been relayed to me by Dan. I have no recollection of these events.

I woke up on Saturday before Dan, per usual. I went to the bathroom and came back to sit on the edge of the bed. I sat there for a few minutes then went to the bathroom again. Dan hears the toilet flush, running water, etc. I come out and sit on the edge of the bed. (This may have happened a few more times, I don’t know.)

I hear Dan waking up and say, “Well, I guess I’ll go to the bathroom now.”

Dan: “How many times have you been to the bathroom today?”

Me: “Oh, I haven’t gone yet.”

Dan: “Get dressed. We’re going to the hospital.”

2 comments:

Adminswife said...

Dan - thanks for noticing something was amiss with Emily and for taking such good care of her. You are a gem!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just realized you've been updating. Everyone else's comments are so true - this story is gripping even though we know the basics of what is coming!

Your writing is phenomenal, Emily. This sounds like the intro to a best-selling book. I am so proud of you for what you have accomplished and for your committment to use your story to help others. You're really something!

Waiting with baited breath for the next update...

love you so much,
Buzz