Jun 11, 2009

I'm a hick!

My expander on my top jaw was getting harder and harder to turn. To the point where I thought if the key slipped out I'd stab the key through my throat and brain stem and die. :) So I went to the ortho yesterday (YESTERDAY!) and he said that means that the expander isn't working. The ridge of my mouth is fused shut and this method of expanding my jaw isn't going to work. So we create a new treatment plan, schedule new visits, and I leave.

I get ready for bed last night and I have EXTREME sensitivity in my front left tooth. The sensitivity moves to the right tooth...the gums around these teeth start throbbing. I, of course, ignore all of this and try to sleep. I have trouble getting to sleep because it hurts so stinkin' bad. I've had a lot of pain in my teeth though and I'm tired so I'm not getting up to check it.

I wake up this morning and this is what I look like:


AHHHHH! I'm a hick!

So I'm going to call the ortho asap this morning to see if we can countinue with the original plan. FYI: This separation was supposed to happen under normal circumstances. It just looked like mine wasn't going to expand

5 comments:

Adminswife said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed when I read this. Shame on me! I wish we could have done all this when you were alot younger. Sorry we were and are so poor! You are amazing to put up with the pain though. As usual, you ARE amazing!

Emily said...

Update: The doctor is so excited that the expander is working. We are abandoning the change in treatment plans and proceeding as originally scheduled. Yipee!

Tobin and Erin said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy, Emily! Hahaha, cute picture. The pain must be AWFUL, but just think about the wonderful results! I'm glad the treatment worked, and that it doesn't look like you'll have to have surgery. Congrats!

Tobin and Erin said...

How do those teeth look now? How much longer do you have to wear that expander? Think you'll have it off for the wedding? (or braces on?)

Love you!

Tobin and Erin said...

How's the job-o for Dan-o?

How you doin'?

How's the pooch? (and training him to stay home alone without the crate??)