Mar 3, 2006

First Interview with LCS

I had my first interview for a real-live teaching position today. It went great! The guy who interviewed me was so nice and friendly. I feel like I answered all of his questions well. There weren't any that I didn't know how to answer like the mock interview I went to last night.

At the end of the interview he gave me an application and said if I would like to pursue this job, to fill it out and mail it to him. However, he said I needed to fill that applicaiton out and mail it to him last week. Which at the time I did not see the sense in since I didn't know anything about the job. SO...my application is sitting at his office right now. I'm not sure how he missed it, but i've already filled out the application. I do not know if I want the job, but it looks like a good opportunity. (I've recently heard some negative things about the school, but I do not know whether I should trust the source or not.)

So there's the job search update. As far as student teaching goes, I love it! I had a sub today, because my teacher doesn't like to work on fridays anymore (just kidding! his wife is going through chemo right now and is not doing well). So I had total control of the classroom. My sub was very nice, and she didn't mind that I taught every class. Well, taught is a stretch b/c 3 of the classes had quizzes or tests, but I was in charge the whole time. So yeah...there's my life right now.

i'm so glad it's friday!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Emily being in charge and loving it! That makes me happy.

Way to be stomp all over that interview, too. You're the bomb-diggity. :)

Love you!

-Betsey

Adminswife said...

Didn't I say that it would be different when you were the teacher and not the student teacher - yep, I said that. Way to go! You are amazing! It was great talking to you the other day. When you get a minute - give me a call. We need to make a decision! Love you!

Tobin and Erin said...

you're cool

Anonymous said...

Good job. There is negative stuff about every school (or every place for that matter). If your source is a former student, you will have a totally different perspective as a teacher. If it is a former teacher or staff member, keep your antenna up for more information.

Anonymous said...

I'm here with the fam, but you're not. That makes me sad. Miss seeing you. I'm glad you kicked that interview's tail, though. You rock, Em. I love you and hope you're enjoying life!

-Betsey