Mar 30, 2006

REJECTED!!!

Read the title of this post like you are a basketball player who just cleanly blocked the other teams only shot at winning the game and you yell to the crowd, "Rejected!" (In other words...I'm not upset!)

I just got my first turn down for a job. I did not get the position at Lansing Christian School. I went into the interview with a positive, prayerful attitude that God would lead me in the right direction. I left the interview knowing I did a good job, but I was not overly excited about the prospect of working there. I knew I could work there if I had to, but it would not be my first choice. Thankfully, a better person for the position came along and they got the job offer! So I'm really glad that I didn't get the position. They were looking for a math/PE teacher. Without knowing that they were looking for that kind of person, I told them in the interview that I would be willing to teach any subject but PE! I'm really glad I didn't know that they were looking for a PE teacher because then I might have tried to make myself want to teach PE just to get a job and that could have put me in a bad position.

So, tomorrow I'm spending at least part of the day getting resumes and cover letters sent out to some area schools. Please keep praying for me that God would lead me in the right direction. I'm so thankful for the guidance He has already provided me with.

4 comments:

Tobin and Erin said...

wow. you're a great example for me! what a great attitude in the face of a turn-down. i hope i can respond the same in a similar situation.

God's got the perfect job for you! i'll be praying for you to find it.

love you.

Tobin and Erin said...

heh, i liked the "rejected!" sports analogy. nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Good work, I like your attitude. Keep plugging away. Are you looking for non-teaching positions?

Adminswife said...

YOU are amazing! Your ATTITUDE is amazing! Come to think of it, YOU are amazing! I am so glad that you know for sure that you don't want to work at LCS. Dad & I prayed for that once and I was fired. Never been fired before or since - it was a direct answer to prayer. Some where, some place, there is a perfect job for you and pretty soon other people will figure that out. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!