Mar 10, 2006

happy birthday to me!

so today is my 22nd birthday!

i thought a trip down memory lane would be nice for my students. so i took cookies in for all of them. remember in elementary school on your birthday your mom would make cupcakes or something for all your classmates. so i brought in goodies for all of them. my goal was to bring in homemade stuff, but let's be honest...that's way too time consuming.

my roommate, megan, took me out for breakfast this morning. (and she decorated the bathroom for me this morning! what a fun thing to get ready to!) that was really fun. i had to get up early for it, 5:30, but it was well worth it.

i'm going out with dan sometime. not sure when really. might be today and might be tomorrow...we'll see.

so that's the birthday update thus far...

oh, and all my other roommates are celebrating monday night when they get back from florida...oh AND my parents took me out last night for dinner. it was soo fun! i loved it! i love going out for dinner anyways, but how often do i get mom AND dad all to myself! never! it was really fun!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Mom and Dad all to yourself. It's only been, hmmmm, maybe 22 years since you've had that? I mean, like, the day you entered the world it was you, Mom, and Dad. And then you were taken home to Luke, who dubbed you Peggy Sue, and you've shared the parents ever since. Ah, memory lane.

Sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate your birthday with you! I love you and think you're wonderful!!!

-Betsey

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You pulled that one out at the last minute. I was reading along thinking, "and your parents took you out...and your parents took you out..." then, at the last possible second, you mentioned it. Have a great evening.

Dad

Lacey Rumley said...

And the hand-made card from your brother?



Oh...you haven't seen that yet. It isn't really worth posting about anyway, considering the 4.7 seconds it took to make it. Happy Birthday, oldie!

--
Luke

Adminswife said...

I want to see the hand-made card! Such luxuries, I ain't never seen before.

Take care girl! Have a great birthday weekend.

Don't forget - that boy owes me a present!

Tobin and Erin said...

yaaaaaaaaaay fun birthdays! you are moldie oldie kiddo. me too almost. after 21 it's all downhill i hear. ugh ly.

so you're the coolest! you get down like the israelites, girlie. i mean seriously, you party for a good four days. dinner on thursday with the folks, breakfast on friday with the roomie and cookies for the kids, saturday with dan, and monday with the girls. good grief. it should be a national holiday. we'll call it the passover. LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

"You get down like the Israelites." Now THAT is outstanding. :) I'm going to have to use that one.

Haha, Mom's never had hand-made card before. Right. I bet Luke did come up with something really clever for you, Em. Or at least heartfelt. ^_^

I just love reading comments from the fam. Hope you're enjoying your week-long celebration, Em!

-Betsey

Tobin and Erin said...

it's not your bday anymore, silly.

Adminswife said...

I agree - where's the update! You can't be THAT busy. I mean you only teach all day, work all evening, do lesson plans till wee hours of the morning and start again. So, what's you excuse?

Since you say "it's my birthday," I bought you a birthday present. Come see it!

Adminswife said...

Surely in ten days you could have an update or two. What's happening in your world this week? Erin will be here in four days! Yeah! Love you!